Sunday, August 9, 2009

ATM Card?? CREDIT Card??

Usually people with sanity have no trouble telling between CREDIT card or ATM card, but with all due respect, I don’t mean people who can’t recognize a CREDIT card from an ATM card like myself are to be called insane, coz that’s just so rude, isn’t it??
So here are my defenses:
i. It was an early morning, my mind hadn’t waken up yet.
ii. I had an empty stomach, the desperation had obviously taken away my ability of reasoning
iii. They were both green in colour, can’t blame me rite?? Colour tricks.




ATM card? CREDIT card?

This is what happened:

It was a morning in the airport, it was our last day in Taiwan, the morning for our departure back to Malaysia, the morning to say goodbye to the land we’d no longer be standing on. Since it was an early flight, we had to wake up even before the dawn to get to the airport to check-in. We got up at 4 in the morning only after 2 to 3 hours of a ‘nap’, then we got on to the bus to the airport at 4.30. After checking in, it was 7am and all of us decided to catch our breakfast before boarding the flight. So we went into a café, and before I placed my order I asked if they accept credit card coz I’ve bled out of all my NTD already, literally broke(of course I didn’t tell them that)hah! Was so relieved when the girl said yes, and then I excitedly took out a GREEN card which I so confidently assumed as my CREDIT card and passed it to the girl. So unexpectedly to the me at that particular moment, the card failed to read, what I did to prevent myself from looking awkward was that I nonchalantly said to the girl maybe the VISA machine can’t read mastercard and told her to cancel the order and quickly moved out of sight.


And then my instinct chipped in and told me to have another try in another shop, so I walked to Starbucks feeling undefeatable, asked if they accept mastercard, and then once again I confidently handed them the same card as I used at the last shop. But this time, the girl staring rather bizarre at the card, asked me where the mastercard label was. So I was thinking what a stupid troublesome CREDIT card,no shops in Taiwan accept it. Once again I canceled my order and tried to move out of sight unnoticedly. While putting my card back into my purse, *DING*suddenly as if the light from heaven had shined on me for the first time!! As if that was the moment I was finally fully awakened, as if that was the first time I noticed another Green card lying in my purse silently all along, therefore, I immediately recognized the real CREDIT card from the imposter held in my hand! Rather thrilled, I said out loud to the girl that I’ve actually found my real CREDIT card already, so the girl made my order. And finally being able to purchase, I sighed in relief, I sighed in the fact that how well I’d just embarrassed myself and I sighed for this silly morning. *SIGH*

The rest of the day was just fine, thank god! Except that we had experienced some turbulence while our plane was pushing through the clouds which I thought was super cool and the speedy landing which was like a spaceshot experience both made the flight come to live!


Oh yea, there was also a quarrel between the poor stewardess with an aunty who didn’t know when to shut up. She was ranting and ranting ‘bilibalabilibala’ about something like her knee being bumped by the cart and being waken up from her sleep. Sick of this kinda people, didn’t realize she was just embarrassing herself all along.
Ok, that’s about it^^

13 comments:

KENNY said...

haha..ATM card,Credit Card,傻傻分不清楚。。lolx....next time be more careful ar...and ur so called defenses...not acceptable...coz all of us havent had our breakfast..but we still can tell which is NTD and which is RM...blekh...

Yi Lian Wong said...

kenny: haha, kenny, i was about to say 傻傻分不清楚. aiks.

ali: yeah, the pic is a success! smart leh~~~ when v cant use new stuffs, go back to the conventional one. hahaha.

joonyi said...

lolz... yea, the aunty was embarrassing herself, but hey, at least she's not flashing her atm card and saying that it's a credit card. XD
p/s upload some nice nice photo from taiwan ma.. ==_==

kee tat said...

alison also always so stupid so blur one la..
luckily u know which one is credit card later..
faster find out more things that u still confuse la..
if that day u nt ask,think u will use petroleum to cook in the future..XD

Alison.Monday said...

kenny:u missed sth!!the colour,COLOUR!!!colour can trick ur vision!!btw,i hav astigmatism,so light + colour is even more confusing!!see,i explained it blekh haha!!

yilian:yea,u're a genius!!bt anyway,ur phisolophy can only apply on you,coz honestly i din even noe bou the conventional one hah!

joonyi:i dun care!!the waitresses might nt even noe wat i gave thm,it's a foreign card after all hahah!...im betting on tat..

keetat:wey!tis is nt called stupid!it's careless okay??n it's transient in nature!as in the petroleum case as well.im stressing,TRANSIENT!!hah

Alison.Monday said...

*philosophy

ybyb said...

bleh... passed by and urinated..

k3Nt said...

wakakaka...
what?!The BIG BODOH(refering to jacquez) just passed by n urinated???!!!So BODOH!!!
wakakaka...n 4 alison...blur+careless...(n i agree with kt.in other words,BODOH)just kidding.dun get angry ya:)lol...

Alison.Monday said...

jacquez:contaminated my blog hmph!
kent:if u agreed wit kt tat means i'd rebutted u as well already,so watever~~haha!

Yi Lian Wong said...

genius?? me?? no!!!!!

K3Nt said...

sien sien sien...
more post please...
lol........................

spiky said...

haha, u r kind of cute. funny.

Alison.Monday said...

well,it's a congenital thing hahaha!!no la kidding =P