Sunday, August 30, 2009

Taste of Reminiscence

Once upon a time I used to feel for a person, it’s the things we had in common, our background, our interests, her being so supportive and cheerful, as well as the sharing and caring toward each other that made us click so perfectly that we promised we’re gonna stick with each other despite of anything at all that might potentially stand in our way. We did share a beautiful thing together back then. But well, does feel like a long time ago and at the same time like it was just yesterday. Because there is a time in between I’ve forgotten how it feels like, I’ve lost my way to the place where she belongs in my heart, the memory of her in my brain locked deep down in which I haven’t visited so long that I’ve lost the key to it. It’s tragic to have put aside something so crucial to my life just because I’ve traveled from one world to another (metaphorically) adding important figures one after another in my life, I was too happy to even look back and get a glimpse of the important ones that I’d neglected over years. So one day I’ve lost faith in the things that I couldn’t keep track of. And then today, with one look on her face and one little gesture of her giving me a letter showing her support in my exam, assuring me she’s still there and always will be when I thought she had ceased before, that’s when it totally melts my heart. It’s given me the opportunity to finally stop and look back on things, remind myself the taste of our beautiful friendship. So there I am, sensing the surge of warm tears behind my eyes, wanting to shout out: dearly, shall us be friends until the ticking of the clock halts in us.

13 comments:

Yi Lian Wong said...

she's a good friend. always treasure her. :) it's a very touching post. *sob sob.

Gine said...

You write very beautifully as well, dear :) That's a very heart-warming writing that makes me ponder, too. Thanks for sharing!

K3Nt said...

so,appreciate everything and everyone u have now.good thing u know at least there's some1 in ur heart that had once touched u so deep.haha.cont to be touched and better in future!friends are friends.even though u're far away from each other,the pure friendship in ur heart will last forever!it's so sad when ur friend is gona leave to study!!!i almost cried tat day!!!appreciate ur frens around u!!!

ybyb said...

sob sob. me too

KENNY said...

cherish ur frens..i noe u will...losing a fren..it's definitely not something u wanna experience for the rest of ur life..tis post nearly moved me to tears..made me think of my fren tht left me and all his best buddies..he traveled from one world to another..literally...so..treasure the great moments with ur frens...nice post

spiky said...

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade.

It's really amazing when two strangers become the best of friends,but it's really sad when the best of friends become two strangers. Me and my best friend lost contact since he betrayed me. Sad.

Xu Vin said...

alisonnnnn u write v beautifully, like cher linn says! :) like. seriously!

Gine said...

xu vin's just ran out of words and want to copy what I've said! Pay me copy right fee! ;p

*attempting to start a war in Alison's blog*

Alison.Monday said...

yilian: thks,very assuring for a first post like tis haha! will cherish all my frens as best as i can!!

gine: tat feeling juz suddenly got to me and i thought it'd be nice to put it into words hehe. so maybe some other ppl out thr might share tat feeling too.

kent: definitely will appreciate thm! and i know how sad it is to have someone leaving but good thing is it's only about virtual distance, not thank u guys are not frens anymore.

jacquez:nah,tissue papers, grab it haha!

kenny: one world to another literally?? i thought there's only one world human being can survive in haha!

spiky: a traitor isn't worth to be entitled best friend!

xuvin: haha!!thks for the praise,im getting high for tat lolx

gine: u need to pay for the space here first before starting the war darling~~lolx!!

KENNY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KENNY said...

ya..means he's not in the same world with us anymore...

Yi Lian Wong said...

hope your friend is resting in peace. and hope tat all our frens are healthy and safe.

Alison.Monday said...

kenny: sorry for being so insensitive ouch....and sorry bou ur fren too...