Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Crash It, Never Again

Every time I go home, it’s as though im bound to learn something new, not an exception for this time either, not to mention a car crash is never one of my imagination, in fact I’ve never imagined anything.

It was just like any other night on the road, at least that was what I thought, quiet, all I could hear was the engine roaring and the radio blasting. Everything seemed so fine and I’d crossed god knows how many traffic lights, checked carefully for the colour of the lights on each of them before me especially the ones where no cars were in front of me because I’ve alwis felt this uncertainty when it comes to seeing a green light from far with an unoccupied wide road ahead because then I’ll think should I speed or slow but how am I supposed to figure in how many seconds the light’s gonna turn yellow or wat.

So this time, same situation, I looked at the lights and everywhere looked green to me so I decided to not slow down, staying the speed of 80-90 km/h and when I reached the cross road, to my utmost surprise, a Vios came out from the opposite lane crossing to my left, I was like what on earth is that car thinking (oh wait, the car don’t think)??! It’s my green light!! That moment was like a nightmare-come-true which was only of the most dreadful one, instinctively, I hammered on the brake as hard as possible holding on to my last hope but to no avail and it’s like watching your worst dream work its way to reality in the front seat, only the sound effect was a million time better. The first second I was listening to ‘paparazzi’ on the radio and the next I heard the screeching sound of the brake, as loud as I could get, piercing the dark cold sky, and then inevitably, the Vios traversing the road was struck crudely. The momentum came sudden but thank god I wasn’t hit by anything serious but too bad my car couldn’t be spared, though the ‘Bang’ caused by the crash was still classic, drawing the line between nightmare and reality.

Panic attack! I crashed my brother’s car and how on earth am I gonna live with that?? But at the same time still believing it was the opposite’s fault until the car owner, an Indian man came down to me and questioned me why I went against the red light. I was in awe and disbelief until another man came who claimed to be right behind me who halted his car rite before the light coz it was apparently red (I gotta say this man was unfriendly, he practically scolded me like I was some stupid school kid who had no idea what she was doing and of course I retorted but I bet he did not take me seriously. Well who does when every evidence was against me) Then the third man on a bike stopped by at my side who was just a passer-by, he was kind enough to stay there with me and gave me advice becoz he saw that malay man bullying me, he had no business in scolding me, according to the bike man. And I agree, he could either scold me and leave or go to the police station and make a report against me as witness but not do both! (which he did). Afterwards the wife of the Indian man also came to read me the riot act and to my surprise she even pulled it off in cantonese. Gosh, all I could talk back was I swear I saw the light green, again, sure no one cared. If it wasn’t for the kind man who stood by me until my family reached, I wouldn’t have known what to do with all these people accusing in my face. He was telling me all those about insurance, car workshop, payment for the compound and stuff, very helpful indeed though I didn’t really understand it all.

Finally my mom, aunt and uncle arrived to the scene, and all of a sudden, the steady face I’d been pulling in front of all those strangers crushed, as soon as my mom reached me I couldn’t withstand the urge of crying into her arms..oh yea, I cried..just so you know, im definitely not the weeping type, it’s just the stressful situation. I genuinely felt really terrible for the cars I crashed and sorry to the couple after I was convinced it’s definitely my fault and they were so innocent having their night ruined by me, they would totally hate me. However, Im still certain I never saw any yellow or red colour in sight at that moment but they said the car beside me had already stopped. I was almost tempted to go and officially say sorry to them even though I’d said it earlier but then I backed out coz their family came and the wife just seemed fierce.

After settling the car, we left the scene to the police station and made a report, got a compound of 300 bucks and the rest we can leave it up to the insurance company but there’re paper works to deal with. Well at least it was something new I did, hit a car. The end of story.

The aftermath:



For memories…
not my car…
In the workshop

7 comments:

Yi Lian Wong said...

:X menakutkan. luckily no one was injured.

Yi Lian Wong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yi Lian Wong said...

wei, anyway, u sud recommend to ipoh to change the traffic light to the traffic light tat kluang is using. our traffic light got display the seconds geh. so tat u can estimate and control ur speed. stay chill.

kent said...

ipoh also got such traffic lights.but i think only few,u can count with both hands.
And wow!that's some experience to share!i remembered i crashed on a motorbike!it was so scary!tat time i already braked,the last thing i did before the crash was to pray and hope that motorbike wont crash on my car.but...BOOOM!hz..
too bad i cant manage to take a picture just like wat alison did.lolx

hc said...

o nono o nononoNO
takziah uhuhhhuhhhhhuhhhh
no more crasshhh!

Alison.Monday said...

yl:indeed scary...
kent:crashing on a bike is even worse..
hc:bad luck~~

Anonymous said...

影音視訊聊天室 , 影音視訊聊天室 , 影音視訊聊天室 , 影音視訊聊天室 , 影音視訊聊天室 , 影音視訊聊天室 , 影音視訊聊天室 , 影音視訊聊天室 , 影音視訊聊天室 , 影音視訊聊天室